Medical Receptionist Apprenticeship STOCKWELL ROAD SURGERY
VQ Solutions are looking personable, empathetic individual to join the team at Stockwell Surgery as a Medical Receptionist. Your role will include delivering excellent customer service to patients and providing general assistance to the Practice team.
Closing date: 16 Dec 2022
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
19 Dec 2022
08 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Providing excellent customer service at all times
- Receiving and welcoming patients upon arrival at the surgery
- Making appointments for patients via the telephone or face to face
- Handling telephone and face to face queries from patients
- Handing completed repeat prescriptions to patient and checking names and address
- Dealing with visit requests
- To have a thorough knowledge of all Practice procedures
- To work in accordance with written protocols
- Filing, faxing and photocopying as requested
- Provide new patients with the relevant paperwork and make an appointment for a new patient check
- Explain Practice arrangements and requirements for new and temporary patients
- Deal with and action SystmOne tasks and notifications in a timely manner
- Action results and reassigning these when doctors are absent from the surgery
- Regularly check the Practice email inbox and take the appropriate action
- Registration of new patients - computer data entry and medical records
- Process patients change of address - computer data and medical records (have knowledge of practice area)
- In the absence of the Prescription Administrator, process repeat prescription requests in accordance with Practice guidelines
- Register patients for appointments and prescriptions
- GP Registration links - deductions and amendments
- Have working knowledge of the telephone system, during and after hours
- Answer the telephone call in a timely and professional manner
- Follow the opening and closing protocols and ensure the building is ready to receive patients in the morning
- Replenish doctors’ stationery boxes in doctors’ rooms
- To prepare refreshments such as tea and coffee
- Maintaining a flexible attitude towards working hours and duties
- To perform any other reasonable tasks as requested by a senior member of staff
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will work towards an Advanced level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship delivered by VQ Solutions. You'll have a dedicated VQ Mentor and will also be supported internally by your manager.
During this apprenticeship, you will develop a portfolio, attend workshop sessions and have regular reviews. All apprenticeship work will be completed during working hours.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The majority of our apprentices are offered full-time employment upon the successful completion of their apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Minimum 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
STOCKWELL ROAD SURGERY
VQ SOLUTIONS LTD
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.