As an Apprentice Buyer, you will be a key member of the purchasing team, responsible for maintaining and controlling the day to day purchasing of stock and non-stock items to customer requirements and maintaining stock availability of stock items to set levels.
Closing date: 12 Dec 2023
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
19 Dec 2023
09 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Creating purchase orders for stock and non-stock items in line with supplier notepads and customer requirements.
- Ensuring confirmations are received for all orders placed and ensuring all details correspond with the original order.
- Chasing overdue orders to achieve required delivery date and communicate variances with sales teams.
- Investigate alternative products or liaise with supplier reps to satisfy demand.
- Ensuring stock items are available to safeguard continuity of supply.
- Communicating with suppliers with general and invoice queries.
- Obtain best prices through negotiations with new and existing suppliers for products or process.
- Maintain supplier information.
- Maintain stationary supplies to meet company requirements.
- Maintain continuity of supply for internally used items.
- Maintain overdue orders reports and liaise with suppliers to expedite.
- Adding new stock items to the stock management system.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards the Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship Standard, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group.
As part of your apprenticeship, and dependent on your prior attainment, you may be required to complete maths and English Functional Skills which is an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential to progress into a full time role as a buyer.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
About the employer
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.