Ince Estates have an opportunity for a Farming Apprentice to join their team at Crocadon Farm, based in St Mellion Cornwall. As an apprentice at Crocaden Farm you will play an integral role in the daily running's of the farm and gardens such as, feeding livestock, animal health checks, grading and packaging produce and garden maintenance.
Closing date: 13 Feb 2023
Yearly salary based on 30 hours a week.
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
08 Apr 2023
08 Nov 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The apprenticeship role with Crocadon Farm is varied, and is split into two key divisions:
- Feeding and cleaning out chickens
- Grading and packing eggs
- Assisting the dairy manager with daily farm tasks
- Relief milking
- Daily stock shifts
- Animal health checks
- Possible tractor work (for the right candidates)
- Garden maintenance
- BCS operation (mowing and rotavating)
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will be working towards a Level 2 General Farm Worker apprenticeship standard
- You will receive on and off the job training and support from an assessor and an apprenticeship advisor
- You will be required to attend Duchy College Stoke Climsland on a weekly basis as part of the apprenticeship training
- Level 3 Award in Emergency First Aid at Work
- Level 2 City & Guilds Principles of Safe Handling and Application of Pesticides Guidance or Lantra Safe use of Pesticides
English and maths qualifications form a mandatory part of all apprenticeships and must be completed before an apprentice can pass through gateway.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There may be an opportunity for further employment and development onto the level 3 Livestock Unit Technician, upon successful completion
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade D/3) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
General farm worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.