Apprentice Highways Operative CARNELL GROUP HOLDINGS LIMITED
As our Apprentice Highways Operative, you are starting an exciting journey and start to your career within Construction and Highways Maintenance. All Applicants must be 18+due to the nature of the industry and insurance rules. Hold a valid UK driver licence to access sites that are not accessible via public transport and hold a CSCS card.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2023
.1st year on course £18,200 with a 30% increase for night shifts .2nd year on course £23,000 with a 30% increase for night shifts .When fully qualified £31,000 with a 30% increase for night shifts
Total hours per week: 37.0
Possible start date
24 Jul 2023
09 Nov 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Kerbings / Edgings
- Flagging / Trenching
- Drainage works
- Cable pulling
- Ensuring all works are completed to the highest quality
- Completing any necessary paperwork
- Attending start of shift team briefings
- Working considerately and safely around all other road users and local communities
- To undertake other miscellaneous activities/project work deemed appropriate for the role of Highways Operative to support to assist with the efficient operation of the business
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- The 12 - 18-month apprenticeship programme will be a combination of studying for your Groundworker Level 2 apprenticeship whilst working alongside a team of our innovative and experienced Highways Operatives. You will have a dedicated Mentor who is highly qualified and experienced in the role you are learning; they will be your personal coach who will help you achieve your qualification
- Your Apprenticeship qualification will be delivered via Construction College Midlands in Birmingham, Where you will undertake reactive and planned rural and urban roads maintenance and repair. The work also includes setting out, preparing the sub-surfaces ready for the structural work to begin, installing drainage systems, concreting, constructing roads and pathways and carrying out the finished hard landscaping
- You will be expected to attend college for 2 week blocks every tow to three months, this will be a fully payable part of your role. Any travel and stay costs will be payable by Carnell
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A full time position at carnell
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.