We’re a family run business that has been established for over 30 years and we are looking for a Window Fitter apprentice to join our friendly team. You will work alongside an experience fitter who will support your training and the jobs are based in customers’ homes.
Closing date: 24 Feb 2023
Weekly salary is between £240 - £367.20 Depending on age and experience.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
27 Feb 2023
12 Dec 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This apprenticeship will allow you to gain the skills and knowledge to become a fully trained window fitter. You will learn all aspects of fitting replacement PVC Windows, Doors, Conservatories, Fascia and Soffits.
It’s a varied role with the following as typical daily tasks:
- Removal of existing glass, door and window units and site preparation including cutting and hack outs
- Installations, inspections, diagnosing problems, testing, repair, maintenance, removal, replacement, of double glazing
- Identify hazards, defects and the need for adjustment or repair; to ensure compliance with agreed codes, law, working practices and health and safety
- Carry out planned tasks in accordance with survey/contract/agreed requirements
- Carry out tasks within agreed time limits
- Ensure compliance to agreed codes, legislation, and procedures including health and safety
- Maintain accurate records/documentation associated with your work
- Load and unload the van for the following day
- As you are working in a customer’s home, we recommend you bring your food and refreshments with you for the day. Please also be aware of your surroundings and act accordingly, we pride ourselves on our polite workforce
- This role will involve working at height on ladders or scaffolding platforms
- The company has a no smoking policy in work vehicles or on site
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Fenestration Installer certificate (Level 2), and understanding Window and door installation
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Once you have completed your training, you can gain a few more years’ experience and then progress to running your own team
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
IXION HOLDINGS (CONTRACTS) LIMITED
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.