Teaching Assistant Apprentice SEN Pilgrim Primary Academy
Pilgrim Primary Academy situated in Plymouth City Centre, are looking to take on two Teaching Assistant Apprentice's to work with high need students. There are looking for two outgoing apprentices with an interest in SEND pupils and wellbeing. This vacancy is being managed by Plymouth Argyle Community Trust.
Closing date: 19 Dec 2022
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
06 Jan 2023
07 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Pilgrim Primary Academy is a vibrant, friendly, widely diverse and inclusive school located at the heart of Plymouth city centre. We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated and committed Teaching Assistant apprentice to join our Early Years team working within our Early Years Foundation Stage.
The ideal candidate will be hard working, resilient, friendly and outgoing. They will have a passion for supporting young children’s learning and development and enjoy working as part of a team.
- Be able to display effective communication skills with both children and adults
- Be eager to work collaboratively in a wider team, adaptable and open to new ideas and practices
- Be a fast and highly flexible thinker, being able to deal with change and unpredictability positively with a ‘can-do’ attitude
- An interest in SEND pupils and pupil wellbeing would be advantageous
We can offer you:
- An extended, supportive team which promotes the development and well-being of everyone in our school community
- Friendly and enthusiastic children who are actively involved in shaping the development of our school
- A caring and friendly atmosphere where everyone’s contribution is valued
- The chance to be imaginative, take risks in learning and be innovative whilst raising attainment
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
On our 15-18 month Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard, you will work towards the following:
- Behaviours, Skills and Knowledge
- Functional Skills in maths and English at level 2 (if not already exempt through prior qualifications)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
You will have regular visits at the workplace from a designated assessor to observe your progress and competence in the role you are carrying out.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There may be the potential for employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Math (Grade 4-9 (A*-C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FOOTBALL IN THE COMMUNITY TRUST
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.