Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Power BI Developer with eviFile, a firm based in Leeds, who provide an integrated mobile platform that delivers rapid results across any project or programme of works. It’s a Full time Monday to Friday role with rostered cover for out of hours working in busy periods (public holidays).
Closing date: 04 Jan 2023
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
16 Jan 2023
04 Nov 2022
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To understand business requirements in the BI context and design data models to convert raw data to meaningful insights.
- To create dashboards and visual interactive reports using Power BI.
- To identify KPIs with clear objectives and monitor them consistently.
- To analyse data and present it through reports that can help in decision-making.
- To be able to convert business requirements into technical specifications and decide the timeline to accomplish tasks.
- To design, develop, and deploy Power BI scripts(M-Query) and perform efficient detailed analysis.
- To perform DAX queries and functions in Power BI.
- To create charts and document data with algorithms, parameters, models, and relations explanations.
- To conduct data warehouse development.
- To perform SQL querying for best results.
- To use filters and graphs for a better understanding of the data.
- To define and design new systems by analysing current ETL processes.
- To make technical changes to existing BI systems in order to enhance their working.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- The role is a mix of report building, data interrogation, data extraction all in a fully cloud based environment. The Power BI team is the conduit to deliver outstanding reports that exceed client expectations, both in accuracy of data extracted and the presentation of such data. The remit will need experience in some of the fields listed below.
- Develop operational reports.
- Build automated reports and dashboards with the help of Power BI and other reporting tools.
- Understand business requirements to set functional specifications for reporting applications.
- Have knowledge of tools and systems on MS SQL Server BI Stack, including SSRS and TSQL, Power Query, PowerBI, and DAX.
- Be able to quickly shape data into reporting and analytics solutions.
- Create functional reporting.
- Have knowledge of database fundamentals such as multidimensional database design, relational database design, and more.
- Basic Knowledge on Cloud Platforms like Azure or GCP or AWS.
- 25 days annual leave and flexible working hours.
- Remote office space around the country to access for hybrid working.
- Cycling scheme.
- Pension scheme.
- Laptop included in the package.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Data Analyst, with training in how to:
- Ascertain how data can be used to answer questions and solve problems.
- Gather, inspect, cleanse, transform and model data to identify patterns and trends.
- Present data and produce dashboards and reports to aid visualization and comparison.
- Use advanced theory and diverse techniques to harness greater understanding.
- Inform decision-making and make recommendations using an evidence-based approach.
- Ensure your business processes and procedures are compliant with data protection legislation.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.