As a Workshop Apprentice your role will be fully involved with all that we do. From manufacturing wood/metalwork parts right through to installation within customer vans. A large part of our business is mail order, so there will be a focus on preparing kits and customer orders as well as assembling parts for our van conversions.
Closing date: 10 Jan 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
16 Jan 2023
04 Nov 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Manufacture of wood/plastic parts using our in-house CNC router
- Manufacture/assemble metalwork parts with the opportunity to learn MIG/TIG welding
- Product assembly – including adding finishings such as automotive carpet
- Installation of kits into customer and company vans
- Building product kits – using product kit lists to prepare parts and fixings
- Packaging customer orders
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 2 Furniture Manufacturer apprenticeship standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
After completion of your apprenticeship you will potentially have the opportunity to progress onto full time positions within the business.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5/B+) Desired
About the employer
Maxim Business Training
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.