We are looking for an Electrical Panel Wire Apprentice to join the company. You will be working in company with our expert technicians and guided by them as well as doing a class and practical training in the college once a week. Successful completion of apprenticeship, will lead to becoming a Prototype Panel Wireman.
Closing date: 03 May 2023
salary can be negotiated depending on age
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
10 May 2023
04 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Technicians are required to check their work against quality standards and make adjustments as required based on their knowledge, the tasks are not an exhaustive list of duties as below:
- Check area and equipment
- To mechanically fit panels
- Carry out a general check of cable sizes etc.
- Locate the equipment necessary to carry out the job
- Lay out the switchgear equipment on to the back plate
- Operate and programme semi-automatic wiring machines
- Site modifications and panel testing
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Engineering Fitter Apprenticeship Level 3, at the end of training you will becoming Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Functional Skills maths and English if required
- One day a week class and practical training based in Langley Campus, Langley
In this apprenticeship you will work toward one of the following qualifications:
- Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) – Awarding organization EAL; GLH 750, this qualification ensures full knowledge to complete the fitting role
- Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Technical Knowledge) – Awarding organization Pearsons; GLH 720 – this qualification ensures full knowledge to complete the fitting role
- Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) – Awarding organisation City and Guilds; 720 GLH, this qualification ensures full knowledge to complete the fitting role
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Successful completion of the college course and successful work experience will lead to becoming a Prototype Panel Wireman.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
THE WINDSOR FOREST COLLEGES GROUP
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.