Sir Robert Geffery's School are looking to hire an enthusiastic and committed Teaching Assistant Apprentice to join their dedicated team across all areas of the school. This vacancy is being managed by Plymouth Argyle Community Trust.
Closing date: 05 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
06 Jan 2023
04 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
This is an exciting opportunity to join the experienced and passionate team at Sir Robert Geffery's school in Landrake and build a foundation for a long-lasting career in education.
Their aim is to provide an environment in which children can develop with confidence and imagination, and in which learning is a really enjoyable experience. They also seek to stimulate and inspire children, to develop an enthusiasm which they can carry with them into their secondary education. With this enthusiasm they can also develop their good citizenship within society in general.
As a Teaching Assistant Apprentice, you will be working to support the teachers and to enhance pupils’ learning. This will include ensuring pupils understand the work set, know their learning objectives, and stay on task in order to make progress.
You will work as part of a team to ensure pupils thrive in a positive, nurturing, safe environment whilst upholding the employers Christian values and beliefs which are expressed through a loving, caring and safe environment – and with a family atmosphere that encourages a sense of belonging.
You will have the chance to gain valuable work experience and develop a wide range of skills and experience. At the end of your apprenticeship you will have achieved a nationally recognised qualification and gained valuable work experience that could provide a range of openings for your chosen career.
Duties for this role will include:
- Assisting teaching staff with their day to day activities
- Developing strategies to support and encourage pupils to move towards independent learning
- Complying with policy and procedures for sharing confidential information and know when and where to seek advice
- Helping set up the learning environment for the daily programme and helping to tidy away at the end of the session, ensuring that all equipment is clean and safe at all times
- To be aware of any special needs a child may have and to familiarise oneself with relevant play and learning plans
- Attending training courses
- To advise children, offering an appropriate level of support and stimulation
- Assisting with lunchtime and after school clubs
- Upholding the employer’s values and ethos at all times
- You will work to instil a lasting love, enthusiasm, and zest for learning in the students through experiencing an exciting curriculum
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Over the 15-18-month Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard, you will work towards the following:
- Behaviours, Skills, and Knowledge
- Level 1/2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
You will have regular visits at the workplace from a designated College assessor to observe your progress and competence in the role you are carrying out.
Training will take place at Plymouth Argyle and will be 1 day a month.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There may be the potential for full-time employment upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Math (Grade 4-9 (A*-C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FOOTBALL IN THE COMMUNITY TRUST
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.