Great opportunity to work in the Product Design Department – you will learn to design a wide range of products including specialist equipment for Cleanrooms, Laboratories and Hospitals using both 2D and 3D AutoCad with this world class Newhaven based company.
Closing date: 02 Jan 2023
Salary/Pension ranging between GB£12,168 to GB£12,574, dependent upon age and experience. The company operates a Workplace Pension Scheme (if qualifying).
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
30 Jan 2023
03 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
In this wide-ranging apprenticeship, you will be assisting in the design of company machines and control systems.
- Design including panel and remote component layout design (in liaison with the Mechanical colleagues)
- Working towards the production of electrical designs and wiring diagrams to relevant international electrical standards (or on a project related basis to customer specific standards) and selection of appropriate components e.g., PLC, contactors, terminals, cabling, power supplies etc
- Learning basic pneumatic design appreciation
- Learning PLC software design
- Assisting on the drawings of cleanroom equipment e.g., Wet Processing, Clean Air, Sterile Services and Endoscopy departments
- Assist on the production of working designs and drawings and parts lists for the Production team
- Production (electrical elements) of O&M manuals for the Customer Production of RAMS (electrical elements) for installation team
- Working upon more than one project at same time, sometimes multiple projects
- Providing support to the Production Manager and the Design Team
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Throughout the apprenticeship you will receive guidance and support through regular visits from your SIGTA Training Officer as you work towards Engineering Design and Draughtsperson Apprenticeship Standard No ST0164 - This will include on-site training at Felcon and day release attendance at Faraday House, Eastbourne with training delivered by our SIGTA Tutor.
- On completion of the apprenticeship, you will have achieved an Advanced Manufacturing Engineering Level 3 Diploma
- The final apprenticeship completion certificate will be issued on achievement of the above qualifications and successful completion of final end point assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- To become a fully trained and qualified Design Engineer with Felcon
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Engineering design and draughtsperson
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.