ASDA Engineering Advanced Level Apprenticeship ASDA STORES LIMITED
Asda is looking to introduce a brand-new Engineering Apprenticeship program across multiple distribution centres, starting in January 2023. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone to earn while they learn and gain relevant employment experience to ensure a successful career long term in Automation engineering.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2022
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
08 Jan 2023
03 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- To learn how to keep the automated warehouse running efficiently and provide an efficient and cost-effective service
- To develop the knowledge and skills required to take preventative and corrective action for the maintenance of the automation
- To learn how to monitor and correct the systems performance daily
- To know and understand the range of equipment both past and present
- To know and practice the company’s procedures related to the role through standard work instructions and procedures
- Coordinate and collaborate with other Asda/Supplier departments both in the UK and abroad if problems arise
- Ensuring Planned Preventative Maintenance is completed in line with the Computerised Maintenance System
- Ensuring all information is captured on the computerised maintenance system, including booking spares, time, and machine and fault information
- Confirm that all reactive and preventative maintenances are filled in correctly and in a timely manner. Include parts usage, engineer time, downtime, complete description of fault and resolution
servicing, repairing and fault diagnosis of all equipment
- Identify future projects and enhancements to improve throughput and capacity and reduce downtime (Continuous Improvement)
- Implementation of agreed improvements
- Identifying spares and replacement machine parts to ensure limited downtime
- Ensure minimum stock levels are maintained and all orders placed through relevant personnel.
- Ensuring a good level of housekeeping of all automated areas is maintained
- Adhering to all health and safety requirements - including writing specific risk assessments and safe working procedures
- Ensure all contractors are signed in, a control of contractor document is completed, and that the contractors are monitored and if required, supervised
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticeship Standard
- Training will be delivered block release to NWSLC college
- This will be 2 weeks every 10 weeks
- Level 2 Foundation Competence qualification
- Level 3 Development Competence qualification
- Level 3 Development Technical Knowledge qualification
- Apprentices without Level 2 English and Maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking end point assessment
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A full-time role as an engineer at one of our ASDA sites.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
NVQ or SVQ Level 1 or equivalent electrical and mechanical engineering (Grade Pass) Desired
About the employer
NORTH WARWICKSHIRE AND SOUTH LEICESTERSHIRE COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.