Early Years Practitioner Apprentice THE NEWMAN CATHOLIC COLLEGIATE
Under the direction and supervision of the teacher, assist in the delivery of activities enhancing children’s social and educational development. Being a term time only contract, the apprentice would work 39.2 weeks of the year and be paid for a further 6.2 weeks of holidays.
Closing date: 18 Dec 2022
Term time only.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30
Possible start date
04 Jan 2023
03 Nov 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Under the direction and supervision of the teacher, assist in the delivery of activities enhancing children’s social and educational development
- Assist in setting up and clearing away of displays and activities, including ensuring the materials and equipment are safe and clean
- Attend to children’s personal needs including assisting children at meal time
- Supervision of children on the playground
- Assist other staff with the assessment procedures to ensure children’s progress is satisfactory
- Update children’s records
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner
- You will spend one day a week in Newcastle College (ST5 2GB) for your training day
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Could lead to a permanent position for the right person dependent upon the needs of the academy at that time. It would initially be on a fixed term basis.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade Grade 4/C or equivalent) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
NEWCASTLE AND STAFFORD COLLEGES GROUP
The Apprenticeship Hub
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.