Business Administration Apprentice NANTES SOLICITORS LIMITED
An exciting opportunity to work in a Legal environment. Reporting to our Head of Customer Experience, you will work with our existing Customer Service Administrator who is dedicated to supporting the customer service team. You will play an important part in completing a wide range of administrative tasks .
Closing date: 06 Jan 2023
Wage to be agreed on appointment.
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
08 Jan 2023
07 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual who can confidently complete tasks and show excellent communication and team working skills.
- To provide efficient and professional administrative support for a range of functions. To cover reception as required.
- Roles would include but are not limited to:
- To provide administrative support to the Practice Manager.
- To provide Administrative support to the wider office staff as directed.
- Managing the workload from all parties in order of priority.
- To proactively look to improve administrative functions and processes where possible.
- To cover reception desk when required, answer calls politely, quickly and efficiently. Receive and place telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner.
- Collecting and distributing post, taking of messages and ensuring messages are passed to the relevant person in a timely and accurate manner, distribution of faxes.
- Preparation of outgoing post.
- Petty cash and banking.
- Meet and greet the business’s clients and staff.
- Keeping the reception and office area clean and tidy at all times.
- Ordering stationary and monitoring the levels of stationery.
- Placing orders and making bookings.
- Accurate typing and data entry.
- Photocopying of correspondence, documents and other printed matter.
- Preparation of correspondence and documents.
- Maintaining the archiving system and related records.
- Provide general administrative support to other staff as required and to provide cover at all Nantes offices when required.
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- Complying at all times with the detailed procedures contained in the firm’s Quality and Risk Management System.
- Contribute to maintaining a safe and healthy working environment.
- Contribute to maintaining and improving office procedures.
- Any other duties which from time to time may reasonably be required by the firm.
- Management of a project which is to include a process change/ improvement include planning and organisation, project management, demonstrating quality standards and decision making.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Business Administrator Level 3 (A Level).
Yeovil College Assessor will make regular online appointments ranging between 4-6 weeks, and occasional face to face visits to guide through all requirements to complete the course this will take approximately 18 months.
The apprentice will be guided & supported by the Assessor to
build a portfolio of evidence, including evidence of observations, professional discussions, work-based evidence, and reflective accounts.
A project at month 9 of the apprenticeship, which is all part of the EPA process for the Business Administrator apprenticeship. To help with the knowledge for the exam which is also part of the End Point Assessment process Yeovil College supplies a textbook which includes theory and activities and offers virtual workshops.
Yeovil College will also provide any maths and English Functional skills if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
May lead to permanent employment for the right candidate on completion of the apprenticeship.
There are many opportunities for the right candidate to move up in the Company.
We have Secretaries, and trainee Solicitors in post who joined as Administration Assistants.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade C/4) Essential
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.