As an Apprentice you will receive training in all aspects of Barbering and will assist the Barber/s in the day to day running of the shop. This is an excellent opportunity for a smart, ambitious and self-motivated individual to join a friendly environment.
Closing date: 13 Jan 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
16 Jan 2023
03 Nov 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The apprentice will be expected to:
- Meeting and greeting clients
- Basic styling
- Cleaning rota duties
Training from the college and your employer will comprise of:
- Cut hair using barbering techniques to achieve a variety of looks
- Cut facial hair into shape
- Style and finish men’s hair
- Create basic outlines and detailing in hair consultation
- Shampoo, condition and treat the hair and scalp
- Shaving services
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Hair Professional Apprenticeship - Barbering pathway
- Level 1 maths and English Functional Skills (if required)
- Day-release training will take place at Blackburn College
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Potential permanent employment once the apprenticeship has been completed
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Traditional Turkish Barber
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.