The HR Assistant will support the HR team in providing an efficient and streamlined service to the business with regard to all HR-related administrative tasks. This role has a wide remit which includes input to all HR admin and is an important support role to the business.
Closing date: 14 Dec 2022
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
03 Jan 2023
04 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will include but is not limited to:
- HR System and Processes inputting, checking, running reports, according to the company’s policies and processes
- Maintaining required HR records as part of services delivered
- Prepare reports and management information from HR data, with interpretation as required
- Administration such as contractual letters, offers of employment, flexible working acceptance letters
- Entering data into the HR system for Payroll
- Supporting employee relations meetings such as: Flexible Working, Attendance, Investigations
- First line of contact for an answering employee enquiries and managing HR inbox
- Play an active role in the reviewing and identifying continuous improvement of the HR service to ensure that it is delivered in the most effective, efficient and customer friendly manner
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
An apprentice following this programme will be expected to develop organisation-specific knowledge, a sound business understanding about their organisation and a good understanding of employment law and the HR policy framework of the organisation.
They will also demonstrate an understanding of the role of HR within their organisation and the HR systems and processes used. The main units covered are:
- Developing yourself as an effective HR practitioner
- Understanding organisations and the role of HR
- Recording, analysing and using HR information
- Supporting good practice in managing employment relations
- Resourcing Talent
- Delivering learning and development activities
What qualifications will be achieved?
- HR Support Standard
- Level 3 Certificate OR Diploma in Human Resource (CIPD)
What attendance is required?
College attendance is every Tuesday 10am-5pm at the Highbury campus. Time spent training will come under the working hours per week.
It is a Government requirement for you to spend 20% of your apprenticeship working towards your “Off the Job Learning” – off the job learning can consist of college attendance, coursework, project related work, employer training, mentoring and coaching.
Learning and assessment
Apprentices build a portfolio of work and work place assessors will be in regular contact to provide support, and to arrange on-site visits to observe the apprentices’ ability and skills in their daily role. It is important for the apprentice to take ownership of their own learning by seeking out opportunities to gain new skills on the job with the employer.
Apprentices and employers will be enrolled on our award-winning e-Portfolio system “OneFile” to enable both parties to upload evidence of learning and to track progression through the programme.
The apprentice’s final grade will be determined by the collective assessments known as “the end point assessment”. The assessments include:
- A consultative project covering the knowledge, skills, and competence in your chosen options in a HR environment.
- Professional Discussion (Apprentice to demonstrate that they can apply the broad range of knowledge, skills and behaviours in the Standard).
The Apprentice will also have to submit end of Unit Assignments which contribute to them gaining their Level 3 Certificate OR Diploma HR CIPD Qualification.
All apprentices will be required to apply directly to the CIPD for Student Membership, for which there is an annual fee. Without membership, students will not be able to achieve the CIPD qualification. For further details please go to: https://www.cipd.co.uk/membership.
Successful completion of this standard enables the apprentice to apply to become an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, and subject to progress as an employee, Hamble Aerostructures Ltd would like to offer you a full time job. There is opportunity to progress in the role and to complete the CIPD Level 5 apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-4/A*-C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
CITY OF PORTSMOUTH COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.