Engineering Fitter Apprentice BARNFIELD ENGINEERING SERVICES LTD
As an engineering apprentice at Barnfield you are mentored to learn a range of tasks such as installation of steelwork, access stairs and platforms, installation of pipework, ductile iron, steel and plastic, fabrication work. Also, workshop-based duties, mechanical installations, pumps motors gearboxes, use of lifting equipment and lifting operations.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2023
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
29 Sep 2023
29 Jun 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Engineering Site Fitter Apprentice -
Each apprentice will be placed with one of our project supervisors to learn how we at Barnfield Engineering deliver projects ranging from larger CDM projects up to £2,000,000.00 in value to small works projects around £1,000.00. The role shall be varied with time spent in the office, workshop and site environments. This will be a very hands on role assisting our team at all levels and mentored by our Project Supervisors.
Internal and external training shall be provided:
- Installation of steelwork – Access stairs and platforms
- Installation of pipework – Ductile iron, steel and plastic
- Fabrication work - Workshop based duties
- Mechanical installations – pumps motors gearboxes
- Use of lifting equipment – Lifting operations
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Working to achieve the Level 3 Engineering Fitter Standard
- This will be witih weekly day release to Basingstoke College and workplace training and reviews
- Maths and English Functional skills Level 2 will be delivered through classroom based weekly training for those who need to achieve them
- On and off the job training and location to be confirmed
- Choose one of the qualifications: Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge) – Awarding organization EAL; GLH 750, this qualification ensures full knowledge to complete the fitting role
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Barnfield Engineering encourage on-going training and development
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4 /C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
WEST BERKSHIRE TRAINING CONSORTIUM
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.