This is an exciting opportunity for a candidate to gain experience of working in an office environment to join one of the leading house builders in the UK and start on the path to a successful and rewarding career. Full training will be provided with the opportunity to gain nationally recognised qualifications in business administration.
Closing date: 09 Dec 2022
The salary for this post will be in line with government apprenticeship wages. Holiday entitlement is 29 days including bank holidays.
Total hours per week: 39.5
Possible start date
12 Dec 2022
01 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We are looking for a motivated and enthusiastic individual to assist the MD’s PA and Construction Secretary.
- Lunchtime and holiday reception cover
- Checking HBF scores and update schedules - daily
- Collating management packs - every two months
- Stationery stock control and ordering - weekly
- Running holiday reports - weekly
- Typing minutes - weekly
- Typing letters and as and when
- Keep office notice boards up to date - monthly
- Toolbox talks - weekly
- Chase outstanding H & S, cavity barriers and IQCs - weekly
- Assisting with creating site manager packs - weekly
- As and when needed creating site set up - folders, notice boards, ordering equipment
- Going through PPE / uniform / pad orders and keeping stock and distributing - weekly
- Keeping site notice board paperwork up-to-date and issuing - appointed person, emergency contact, construction management phase sheet - monthly
- Creating construction manuals as and when needed
- Creating NHBC standards manuals as and when needed
- Creating customer care manuals as and when needed
- Filing - as and when
- Printing, scanning, laminating - as and when
- Other ad-hoc duties
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship
- Training to take place at Northampton College, Booth Lane, NN3 3RF - 1 day a month
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Following successful completion of the Apprenticeship there is a strong chance of a permanent position within the business with the opportunity for further training and development.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Persimmon Homes Limited
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.