Airfreight Freight Forwarding Apprentice DHL GLOBAL FORWARDING (UK) LIMITED
DHL are now recruiting for 2 new Freight Forwarding apprentices to join their Birmingham branch! The successful candidates will support our Customers’ logistics by managing the movement of freight. Including import and export of goods from multiple locations across the world. The main focus will be working in the Airfreight Operations Department.
Closing date: 28 Nov 2022
The salary for this role is £14,625 - £17,000 for first year
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
01 Dec 2022
01 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
An Apprenticeship to develop towards becoming an International Freight Forwarder, whose overall aim is to manage or support our Customers’ logistics by managing the movement of freight via multiple modes including ocean, road, rail and air shipments. This includes the importing and exporting of goods from multiple locations across the world. The main focus will be working in the Airfreight Operations Department.
- The update of daily tracking reports and production of weekly and monthly reports for 2 customers. All reports are in Excel so reasonable knowledge essential
- Develop relationships with customers and colleagues
- Producing other reports/extracting data when requested - both for internal and external customers
- Ensure all customer enquiries are responded to promptly and professionally
- Work with Carriers and Handling Agents to resolve exceptions and discrepancies as they arise
- Work with other DGF departments on freight planning and coordination
- Liaise with overseas offices on freight planning and coordination
- Use Company systems to create, manage and maintain the movement of freight
- Ensure that all interactions are compliant with DPDHL Code of Conduct and other compliance requirements e.g. anti-corruption
- Complete all statutory and mandatory training as and when required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 International Freight Forwarding Specialist apprenticeship standard - Air Pathway.
- On the job training delivered by the employer
- Allocation of an apprenticeship delivery coach who will carry out:
- Regular training
- Assessment and support visits to ensure you acquire new learning, knowledge skills and behaviours in order to progress and develop
- Identify, track and support 20% off the job training activities
- Quarterly formal progress review meetings, identifying learning achievements and next steps
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
For the right candidates, based on your development and performance during the apprenticeship, the aim is that Apprentices move into a permanent position within the business towards the end of their Fixed Term Contract - subject to a suitable vacancy being available at that time and in line with the selection process for the role. We also offer a competitive salary with incremental increases and benefits in line with permanent employees.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
A Level or equivalent 2 A levels, any additional subject (Grade A - E/Pass Grade) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
DHL GLOBAL FORWARDING (UK) LIMITED
SEETEC BUSINESS TECHNOLOGY CENTRE LIMITED
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team
International freight forwarding specialist
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.