Fantastic opportunity to work within an award-winning ITO coatings company within walking distance of the Merry Hill Centre, Dudley. There are 2 positions available that are the ideal opportunity to start your career in manufacturing with opportunity to learn all aspects while earning a wage. Duties will include general machine operation and loading and unloading glass and plastic parts with due care and attention.
Closing date: 16 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
03 Jan 2023
01 Nov 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- General machine operation
- Loading and unloading of glass and plastic parts with due care and attention
- To engage in root cause analysis of repeat issues/breakdowns and provide reports with suggested improvements and containment actions
- To engineer out previous issues following a continuous improvement mindset
- To monitor that the TPM schedules are followed/maintained and make recommendations for improvement
- Attend additional training as required
- Ensure all equipment is used correctly and returned in good condition
- Attend weekly team cascades and daily production meetings
- Assist with pre-production within the area, obtain accurate information (run data sheets, route cards and work instructions) to ensure a smooth and effective product process flow through
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Lean Manufacturing Operative Apprentice standard
- End point assessment
- 20% off the job training
- Functional skills in maths and English (if required)
Qualification will include one of the below:
- EAL Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills) 603/3589/0
- ETCAL Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills) 603/5151/2
- Pearson BTEC Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills) 603/4344/8
- OAL Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (Knowledge and Skills) Ofqual number: 603/6783/0
- City & Guilds Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing (knowledge and skills) 610/0180/6
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the apprenticeship there will be the opportunity to gain full-time employment and become a valued member of the team.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
About the employer
STAFF SELECT LTD
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.