Apprentice Tool Maker SAMUEL HEATH AND SONS PUBLIC LIMITED COMPANY
This is an exciting role and opportunity to join a company which has been established for over 130 years. The opportunity is to become an integral part of a team dedicated to craftsmanship and quality.
Closing date: 01 Feb 2023
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
15 Feb 2023
31 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The toolmaker will be part of a small team responsible for:
- Designing, manufacturing, developing and maintaining bespoke tooling to be used in prototyping & production
- Producing small batches of components
- They will be required to work closely with both the design and production teams to ensure an efficient and effective turnaround of tooling to a high standard to support both new product introduction and exiting products
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
The apprentice will be taking the following:
- Level 2 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Foundation Competence)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Knowledge)
- Level 3 Diploma in Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (Development Competence)
The apprentice will gain their Level 3 Engineering technician standard qualification on completion.
The apprentice will attend James Watt College once per week in order to do their coursework and training
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
A long-term career with the opportunity to progress within the organisation.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent any (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
About the employer
BIRMINGHAM METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.