Manufacturing Production Operative Apprentice MOULD ABILITY LIMITED
You will work alongside highly skilled GRP/ composite laminators and engineering patternmakers to develop your technical and finishing skills. You will develop your knowledge on how composite moulded parts are manufactured for a variety of sectors and industries.
Closing date: 09 Dec 2022
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
12 Dec 2022
31 Oct 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As our Manufacturing Production Operative, you will be expected to:
- Prepare, control, contribute to and complete manufacturing operations
- Follow manufacturing processes and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Adhere to specific safe working policies & procedures
- Follow Health and Safety requirements at all times
maintain an organised work area
- Ensure the safe disposal of waste
- Contribute, develop and support improvement in the manufacturing operation using continuous improvement methods and problem-solving tools and techniques.
- Carry out quality checks throughout the manufacturing procedure
- Work closely with stakeholders and report any issues to the department supervisor
We will give our Manufacturing Production Operative apprentice the skills to:
- Perform one processing/finishing operation method e.g. hand processing, manually operated machine processing, fully automated machine processing, combined processing
- Obtain and follow the correct Job instructions, processing/finishing procedures and equipment operating procedures in accordance with time constraints and the roles and responsibilities identified for the processing/finishing activity
- Perform the processing/finishing operation according to instructions and safe operating procedures
- Monitor and control the processing/finishing operation
- Carryout quality checks on component parts and completed assemblies and deal with quality concerns and defects in line with their responsibility
- Produce processed/finished products which comply with processing specification
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
An apprenticeship allows you to earn a wage, gain valuable work experience and industry specific competence. You will be expected to work towards the EAL Level 2 Diploma in Manufacturing Apprenticeship Standard, with support from your employer and the Chesterfield College Group. This will be delivered work based and your tutor will visit you into your place of work.
As part of your apprenticeship, and dependent on your prior attainment, you may be required to complete maths and English Functional Skills which is an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successful completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition for these qualifications.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential for full time employment on completion of the apprenticeship for the right applicant
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C or above) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 3/D or above) Desired
BTEC or equivalent Engineering (Grade 2) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
TRAINING SERVICES 2000 LTD
01246 500 500
Lean manufacturing operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.