Early Years Educator Level 3 Apprenticeship BUMBLEBEES DAY NURSERY (PLYMOUTH) LTD
We are seeking an apprentice Early Years Educator for our Nursery, to join our skilled onsite team in Woolwell. Our ideal candidate for this role will have an enthusiasm for working with children and supporting them to thrive. You will be supported to gain crucial on the job skills in childcare throughout your early years training.
Closing date: 16 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
02 Jan 2023
31 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- With training you will learn to support the educational programmes participating in the planning, preparation and practices
- Contribute towards a stimulating, safe learning environment in which children’s welfare, learning and development needs are met while encouraging exploration opportunities when they arise
- Work in accordance with Company policies and procedures, all local authority and Ofsted regulations and the EYFS Framework
- To ensure the safety, security and wellbeing of the pre-school by adhering to safety standards and policies and procedures
- Encourage children throughout the learning environment to freely choose from the variety of fun and educational resources available to them
All Apprentice Early Years Practitioners are expected to undertake training in order to become competent in the following tasks:
- Be an effective member of the team working together to create an environment which promotes development and learning
- Encourage children’s growth, self-esteem and independence
- Share responsibility for managing infection control procedures throughout the nursery environment
- Adhere to all policies and procedures to ensure that the welfare requirements of the statutory framework (EYFS) are met
- Follow food hygiene procedures in line with current best practice
- Provide comfort to sick children and administer First Aid as appropriate
- Be aware of signs and symptoms that a child may be at risk of abuse or harm. Be fully aware of and follow all child protection and safeguarding policies and procedures including reporting concerns or whistleblowing
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will receive specific on the job training from the employer in your workplace at Bumblebees Day Nursery.
Off the job training will be delivered using weekly classroom sessions or delivered remotely by the tutor using Google classroom with Achievement Training.
You will develop knowledge, skills, and behaviour so that by the end of the practical period your employer is satisfied that you are consistently working at, or above, the level set out in the standard. You will be assessed using, practical observation and a professional discussion supported by a portfolio of evidence. You will be working towards:
- Early Years Educator Level 3 standard
- Apprentices without level 2 English and maths (A*-C or 9-4 GCSE or equivalents) will need to achieve this level prior to completion of their Apprenticeship
- Paediatric first aid
You will learn:
- The expected patterns of children’s development from birth to 5 years, and an understanding of further development from age 5 to 7
- The legal requirements and guidance on health and safety, security, confidentiality of information, safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children
- How children’s learning and development can be affected by their stage of development and individual circumstances such as moving school, birth of a sibling, family breakdown and adoption and care
- How to prepare and support children through, transitions and significant events in their lives
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As an experienced nursery worker you could specialise in working with children who have difficulties with learning, physical disabilities, or need support with their mental health.
With a Level 3 Early Years Educator qualification you could progress to room leader, senior nursery worker or centre manager. You could also study towards a higher education qualification in early years or child development. You could then move into management or early years teaching.
Career options include Montessori teachers, special educational needs teacher, health play specialist or perhaps a nursery manager.
Earnings start at approximately, £14,000, as a qualified Health care specialist you could earn £30,000 or you could go into teaching and earn between 24,000 up to headteacher salary of £117,000.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
ACHIEVEMENT TRAINING LIMITED
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.