Apprentice Motor Vehicle Technician (MB of Darlington ) MB OF DARLINGTON LTD
Due to demand MB of Darlington are looking to recruit and invest in the training and qualification of another committed and reliable Motor Vehicle Technician Apprentice. The role will be to carry out various vehicle maintenance, diagnostic and repair tasks.
Closing date: 16 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
19 Dec 2022
28 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
As a Motor Vehicle Apprentice you will required to carry out the following duties under supervision with training:
- Routine servicing and inspection procedures
- Steering and suspension geometries; electrical circuit requirements and calculations
- Contributing to the maintenance of a safe and efficient workshop
- Carry out fundamental tasks associated with removal and replacement procedures on a vehicle
- Obtain diagnostic and repair information
- Interpret diagnostic information and use electrical wiring diagrams to determine system serviceability
- Use a range of diagnostic equipment
- Test the function of repaired and fitted components
- Report faults using procedures and recommend suitable further actions
- Follow recognised diagnostic procedures, logical diagnostic sequence and apply advanced diagnostic principles and problem-solving techniques to establish faults
- Complete a range of services and inspect and prepare a vehicle to the required quality standard for handover to the customer
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Working towards a level 3 Motor Vehicle Service and Maintenance Technician
- Working in the Garage in Darlington for most of the week, and then a one day release to Learning & Skills, Lingfield Way site (Darlington) to study
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- An opportunity for a full time position at the end of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade 4+ (C+)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
DARLINGTON BOROUGH COUNCIL
Motor vehicle service and maintenance technician (light vehicle)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.