Business Administration Apprentice SELDRAM SUPPLIES (OXFORD) LTD
This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, well-organised individual who is looking to start their career in administration and build a long-term career with a rapidly growing independent, local business. You will be interacting with colleagues, customers & suppliers daily and assist with day-to-day administration.
Closing date: 12 Jan 2023
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
30 Jan 2023
28 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The role is very much based around being a team player, as you will be given the opportunity to work with various departments, such as accounts, sales and purchasing.
This will give you valuable experience of how businesses are run and allow you to put your new business skills into practice.
You will be interacting with colleagues, customers & suppliers daily and assist with the day-to-day administration that is vital for our business’s growth.
Your key responsibilities and duties will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Answering the telephones and dealing with enquiries
- Corresponding & processing orders via email
- Covering daily banking and other basic accounts tasks
- Providing support to the management team & running reports
- Organising events for business and manage associated costs
- Producing system reports, working with Excel spreadsheets and data collection/processing
- Sourcing new products & suppliers
- Liaising with suppliers & our warehouse team and help control stock
- Assisting with project work
- We are offering a permanent contract to our apprentice who is looking to gain an understanding of how business works in practice and, through business administration, progress with our business as it grows
- Full training & support alongside your apprenticeship will be provided
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business administrator standard.
- 15 months practical training period, plus 3 months for End Point Assessment
- Work-based training with your employer
- 10 days Business Professionals training at college
- Approximately 12 on-site assessment visits per year
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (7 days at college for each, if required)
- Off the job training will count for at least 6 hours per week at work
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English and maths
End Point Assessment:
- Knowledge test
- Portfolio based interview
- Project/improvement presentation
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Seldram is a progressive and ambitious family business who believe in developing their own staff for future success.
Completing an apprenticeship with Seldram will provide the grounding for individuals to progress within the business and specialise into a function that suits their skill set as they develop.
There will be opportunities to further their learning by doing additional qualifications and our ambition will be that our apprentice will be continuously supported and potentially become a department manager in the future.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
ABINGDON AND WITNEY COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.