Apprentice Payroll Administrator University Hospitals of DERBY and Burton NHS Foundation Trust
If you are an organized people person with a passion for numbers then read on! UHDB NHS Foundation Trust have an amazing opportunity for 2 Payroll Apprentice to join their team. Throughout the apprenticeship, you will input and check timesheet information, distribute phone calls, add new starters to the ESR payroll software and process payroll.
Closing date: 16 Dec 2022
£17,421.28 (salary dependent on apprentice age)
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
19 Dec 2022
02 Nov 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Reporting to the Pay and Pensions Manager, your duties will include the following:
- Inputting and checking batches of timesheet data
- Taking inbound calls and distributing to relevant team member
- Responding to payroll queries via phone and e-mail
- Maintaining employee records using ESR database
- Processing Payroll through ESR
- Adding new starters to ESR
- Gain understanding of payslips; tax and NI
- Calculating overpayments, maternity, paternity
- Sorting and distributing of post
- Issuing P45’s
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Upon successful completion of the programme, you will be awarded an Advanced Apprenticeship in Payroll Administration (Accredited by CIPP)
The programme is delivered via a blend of tutor led workshops and On-Demand learning via the CIPP online learning platform.
Workshops will include the following:
- National Insurance
- Statutory Sick Pay
- Statutory Parental Payments
- Apprenticeship Levy
- Student Loans
- Construction Industry Scheme
- Employment law and Payroll Law
- Benefits in Kind
- Gender Payroll Gap reporting
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There is a full-time opportunity available at the end of the apprenticeship for someone who can demonstrate technical competence, initiative and a willingness to learn along the way.
The NHS have a clear progression pathway for their employees, which is guided by a clear banding system.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
EMA TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.