Apprentice Early Years Practitioner WILLOW COTTAGE NURSERIES LTD
An exciting opportunity to learn while working in a nursery setting and to achieve a Level 2 Early Years Practitioner standard in Childcare at the end of your apprenticeship. Willow Cottage has now been successfully providing apprenticeships for a number of years. We believe in developing our staff to become childcare professionals.
Closing date: 07 Feb 2023
£12,480 - £15,600
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
27 Feb 2023
25 Oct 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Working as a part of the nursery team you will learn from more experienced colleagues whilst providing care for the children at the setting and supporting their development.
Main duties include:
- Help with the daily routine and care of the children in your assigned department and across the setting as a whole.
- Interact with the children to support the children’s learning and development in an age/stage appropriate way.
- Prepare resources under the guidance of colleagues.
- Set-up activities both inside and outside under the direction of colleagues.
- Undertake daily housekeeping jobs as required.
- Fill out daily paperwork as required under the direction of colleagues.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- 13 months practical training period, plus 3 months for End Point Assessment
- Work-based training with your employer
- Approximately 12 on-site assessment visits per year
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English (7 days at college for each, if required) at Abingdon or Witney campus
- Off-the-job training will count for at least 6 hours of an apprentice’s time at work
- Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths (if required) at Abingdon or Witney campus
- Level 2 Diploma for the Early Years Practitioner delivered in the workplace by assessor/tutor
End Point Assessment:
- Knowledge test
- Professional discussion
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potential for permanent employment or further level 3 apprenticeship study for the right applicant on successful completion of this apprenticeship.
As you near the end of your apprenticeship, your manager will discuss what is required of a Level 3 Early Years Educator apprentice and, if you both agree that you can meet the criteria, we will arrange for either a period of working as an Early Years Practitioner Level 2 to put your training into practice or arrange for the start of the Level 3 Early Years Educator apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C / 4) Desired
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C / 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
ABINGDON AND WITNEY COLLEGE
01235 216 216
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.