APPRENTICE MULTI-SKILLED SHIFT ENGINEER KP SNACKS LIMITED
We’re seeking a curious Engineering Apprentice to join us at the Hula Hoop factory in Ashby de la Zouch. The Engineering Apprentice will work closely with the site engineering team, the Line structures (in particular the Maintenance Leads) and external integrators to support and maintain the key business systems on-site.
Closing date: 14 Dec 2022
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
15 Dec 2022
25 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Long term the role is aligned to IWS and supports the Maintenance leads in terms of standing in, learning the DMS techniques and championing them
- Coaching and encouraging team members to do basic mechanical tasks
- We want the apprentice to develop and grow and be responsible for providing the Operations team with engineering expertise and support to reduce or eliminate downtime
- This will be done both reactively (resolving breakdowns), proactively (carrying out Planned Maintenance and defect closeout) and through Continuous Improvement (small line changes and minor project work to deliver improvements)
- Implement approved tasks in consultation with the Maintenance Leads and Area Engineering Manager and initiates corrective actions to reduce downtime and defects
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprenticeship - Mechatronics Maintenance Technician (Standard) - Level 3 - At Derby College Roundhouse you will attend 1 day per week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The successful applicant will complete a fully accredited BTEC national and NVQ Level 3 Engineering Systems - Electrical and Mechanical whilst gaining direct experience within a Leading European company. There is also the possibility to gain a Higher National Certificate or Foundation degree in Mechanical or Electrical/Electronics.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.