An exciting opportunity to work for a Hydraulics Engineering company based just outside Canterbury. To learn the knowledge and skills needed to become an Engineering Machinist.
Closing date: 14 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
28 Dec 2022
25 Oct 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Working in this busy hydraulics workshop, you will be required to operate CNC and manual machine including lathes and milling machines. You will be working as part of a small team and need to be mindful of health and safety at all times.
- Assign responsibilities of refurbishing and repairing cylinders and rams under the guidelines of senior mechanic
- Perform tasks of assisting staff in setting and assembling structures of hydraulic equipment
- Handle responsibilities of disassembling hydraulic equipment to identify the part that needs repairing
- Assist with maintaining service records and perform testing on repaired machinery
- Assign tasks of operating hydraulic machinery and diagnosing malfunctioning equipment
- Perform responsibilities of observing and evaluating hydraulic machinery
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Engineering Operative Level 2 Standard.
Diploma in Engineering Operations qualification Level 2.
Functional Skills Maths and English Level 2 if required.
One day a week workshop at EKC Group, Dover Technical college.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Could lead to a full-time position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.