Allestree Dental Practice is a private practice in Derby looking to recruit a friendly and approachable Apprentice Dental Nurse, where you will gain a full range of skills and experience pivotal to becoming a successful and qualified dental nurse. If you are professional, confident and keen to pursue a career in the dental industry then this could be the role for you.
Closing date: 03 Jan 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
04 Jan 2023
24 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Within this role as apprentice dental nurse you will gain exposure to a multitude of treatments and develop a full range of skills and experience pivotal to becoming a successful and qualified Dental nurse.
If you are professional, confident and keen to pursue a career in the dental industry, this is the perfect opportunity for you.
Duties within the role include:
- Working chairside, with a dentist / hygienist in a private dental practice
- To ensure Health and Safety is adhered to at all times in surgery
- To be professional at all times
- To ensure you have good communication at all times
- To make patients feel at ease and comfortable at all times
- To innovate ideas and initiate action to improve the overall perception of the practice, ensuring its good name continues
- To ensure all facilities are presented to the highest levels of cleanliness and comfort
- To be aware of all Health & Safety issues within the practice, to constantly implement and assess procedures drawing attention to any unsafe practices
- To make sure all parts of the practice are safe and secure when not in use
- To cover duties of such other members of staff as required
- To undertake any other duties as may be required to assist in the running of the Dental Practice
- Portray a professional and positive image of the Dental Practice, wearing the uniform provided whilst on duty
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Dental Nurse Standard Level 3.
Functional Skills if required https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/dental-nurse-
Please note that the apprenticeship standards require the apprentice to sit an End Point Assessment. Please refer to the above link for more information.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possible permanent position on the completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Allestree Dental Practice
Dental nurse (integrated)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.