A great opportunity for a Business Apprentice with a high level of enthusiasm to help with the day-to-day operations in a busy office, and to provide support to the Office Manager. The successful candidate will need to be adaptable, and no two days are likely to be the same.
Closing date: 08 Dec 2022
Total hours per week: 42.50
(the hours are based on the candidate being over 18)
Possible start date
19 Dec 2022
21 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The Apprentice responsibilities and duties will be, initially, to provide support with the tasks below, with a view to taking on more responsibility as time passes and they become more confident with the office workings:
- Help screen incoming calls and take accurate messages
- Manage the post and email
- Data entry
- Greet visitors
- Book accommodations
- Maintain the current filing system
- Photocopying and scanning
- Updating of contact list
- Scheduling meeting rooms
- Providing refreshments
- Ad-hoc secretarial duties i.e. typing, booking lunches etc.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard. Yeovil College Assessor will make regular on-line appointments ranging between 4-6 weeks.
- Occasional face to-face visits to guide through all requirements to complete the course this will take approximately 18 months.
- The apprentice will be guided & supported by the Assessor to build a portfolio of evidence including evidence of observations, professional discussions, work-based evidence and reflective accounts.
- A project from 9 months into the apprenticeship which is all part of the EPA process for the Business Administrator apprenticeship. To help with the knowledge for the Exam which is also part of the End-Point Assessment (EPA) process Yeovil College supplies a textbook which includes theory and activities and offers virtual workshops.
- Yeovil College will also provide any Maths and English Functional skills if required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Possibility of a permanent position at the end of the apprenticeship for the right candidate.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade C/4) Essential
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.