Early Years Practitioner Apprentice (Level 2) Sundorne Infants School
Sundorne Infants School in Shrewsbury are looking for an Early Years Practitioner Apprentice to join the team. This is a great opportunity to gain a Level 2 qualification and to potentially secure full time employment and progress to higher level qualifications.
Closing date: 31 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
16 Jan 2023
21 Oct 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Support for Pupils:
- Act as a keyworker to a small group of children, liaising closely with parents/carers to ensure individual needs are met, and to be responsible for observations and record keeping relating to the progress and development of key children
- Encourage parental involvement and support through the development of effective working relationships
- Ensure that activities are carried out in a safe and responsible manner in accordance with statutory responsibilities, and to advise the nursery leader of any concerns over children, equipment etc.
- Ensure that the nursery offers the highest standards of physical and emotional care, health and safety, and personal and food hygiene at all times - Work creatively with children within the early year's framework, as instructed by the Nursery Leader
- Daily interaction with children, providing a range of stimulating activities to promote all areas of learning, both inside and outside the classroom
- Change nappies and attend to toileting duties as required - Provide a safe, creative and inclusive environment for all children
Support for the School:
- Recognise own strengths and areas of expertise, and use these to advise and support others
- Implement planned supervision of children out of school hours as required
- Accompany staff and children, as appropriate, on visits, trips, and out of school activities, and take responsibility for a group under the supervision of a teacher
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure that children have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Contribute to the overall ethos / work / aims of the school
- Maintain constructive relationships and communicate with other agencies / professionals, in liaison with the nursery leader, to support the achievement and progress of the pupils
- Attend and participate in relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Be aware of and comply with safeguarding responsibilities as outlined in the Shropshire Career Pathway Safeguarding JD for school staff
Data Protection and other statutory responsibilities:
- Be aware of and comply with data protection responsibilities as outlined in the Shropshire Career Pathway Data Protection JD for school staff.
- Any other duties that the Headteacher, EHT/ CEO/ Governing Body/ Trustees feel is commensurate with the post. Whilst every effort is made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post each individual task undertaken may not be identified
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Early Years Practitioner Apprenticeship Level 2 Standard
This is a work based qualification. Assignments will be completed via a remote One File system and this will include the participation of of live, interactive webinars. The apprentice will be support throughout the programme by a dedicated Total People Learning Coach. Statutory training as required by the school such as safeguarding, PREVENT, health and safety etc. There may also be the possibility of receiving training on particular SEND or medical needs such as anaphylaxis, allergies, visual impairment, hearing impairment, Makaton.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possible progression to the level 3 EYE apprenticeship Standard
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Sundorne Infants School
TOTAL PEOPLE LIMITED
Early years practitioner
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.