SEND Teaching Assistant Apprentice Telford Infant School
As a SEND Teaching Assistant Apprentice you will be working under the overall supervision of the responsible teacher, assist and support teaching and learning, working with individuals or groups and assist in providing for general care, safety and welfare of pupils. This role will have a SEND focus.
Closing date: 24 Apr 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Monday to Friday. Exact hours to be discussed at interview stage. Term time only.
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
27 May 2023
21 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assist in the delivery of lessons/sessions and interact with the teacher and pupils as required
- Undertake agreed learning activities/teaching programmes, adjusting activities according to pupil responses
- Support and use ICT in learning activities and develop pupils’ competence and independence in its use
Support for pupils:
- Support individuals or groups during independent /group work, e.g. explain tasks, reinforce key objectives/concepts or vocabulary, use practical apparatus, support less able pupils, extend/challenge more able, keep pupils on task, interested, motivated and engaged
- Help pupils to develop communication skills and role play activity.
- Promote inclusion and acceptance of all pupils, encourage them to interact and work co-operatively and engage in activities
- Promote independence and development of self-esteem
- Assist in the personal, social, emotional development of pupils and development of self-esteem
- Assist with the development and implementation of IEPs/behaviour plans
- Encourage and reinforce positive interactions between pupils working within any behaviour targets set
- Identify and report uncharacteristic behaviour patterns
- Assist with pupil supervision on trips off the premises, under overall guidance of the teacher
- Monitor and provide for general care, safety and welfare of pupils, including tasks connected with their social inclusion and personal/physical care
Support to teacher:
- Contribute to pupil assessment through observation and reporting
- Record information relevant to assessment and review of pupils’ progress
- Attend IEP and statement review meetings if appropriate
- Support implementation of strategies to manage pupil behaviour and help manage pupil behaviour
- Active involvement in day-to-day management of the learning environment including responsibility for the care and preparation of teaching aids, equipment, materials and differentiated resources
- Undertake routine and non-routine administrative tasks, eg produce worksheets, administer coursework
- Liaise with parents/carers, specialist teachers and other professional staff, share and provide information
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Teaching Assistant Standard
- Functional skills in Maths and English if required
- Day courses with HOET
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Potentially a permanent role at the end of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Telford Infant School
HEART OF ENGLAND TRAINING LIMITED
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.