We are looking for an Operations Assistant to join our growing support team at the head office in Hoddesdon. The team work hard in a very fast paced industry to make sure that the customer is always happy with the repairs to their vehicle. It is a fun and friendly team who work closely to ensure that the jobs are carried out thoroughly.
Closing date: 18 Dec 2022
The salary is £11, 000 per year which will be reviewed after the first year If you start between now and before the apprenticeship we would pay £14,000 per year (pro rata) to be in line with the national min wage for up to 19 year olds
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
09 Jan 2023
21 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Accepting of new repair instructions from all our customers as instructed by the Operations Supervisor and raising the job on our inhouse systems and customer portals. Declining jobs where applicable again upon instruction
- Constantly adding notes to the systems to ensure that all parties are kept up to date
- Making sure the accounts department are aware of all invoicing requirements for each jobs such as VAT, Policy Excess and Repairs
- Calling Work Providers and Engineers to gain Authorities so works can begin. Calling insurers and Work Providers to resolve any issues and move jobs on where necessary
- Help the Operations Supervisor gain images for new jobs so that he can carry out the initial estimates
- Take incoming calls from Insurers, Customers and Work Providers to give job updates
- Be the main point of contact for customers, by creating and nurturing long term relationships. You will resolve any issues that may arise to ensure customer satisfaction is achieved
- Respond to all relevant emails on the Operations account and deal with as soon as possible. Filing away after completion
- Report any issues to the Operations Supervisor as soon as you become aware of them
In addition, you will support & perform administrative duties for the Operations Supervisor.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard.
The training will include:
- Functional Skills Level 1 in English, maths and ICT, if required
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Permanent role for the right (completed) apprentice.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.