We are currently recruiting for motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our hugely successful Air Cargo teams in Heathrow as Warehouse Operative Apprentices. This is an exciting opportunity to join the world’s most admired air services provider and working alongside our prestigious Airline partners.
Closing date: 01 Jan 2023
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
01 Feb 2023
24 Oct 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Safe driving and/or operating techniques to standard and as trained, relating to MHE (e.g. Counterbalance/Reach Trucks, Powered Pallet Trucks, Ride on Pallet Trucks, Mobile Elevated Work Platforms, Forklift Trucks) as relevant to the role and setting; adherence to safe practice when working at heights.
- Basic IT applications and other relevant technology and systems, including warehousing management and data capture to ensure the safe and efficient processing of goods.
- Use of warehouse systems and processes relating to moving and receiving goods within a warehouse environment to facilitate the safe handling of goods and an effective and efficient service to internal/external customers.
- Identify damaged/short delivered cargo
- Develop an understanding of the requirements of Good Distribution Practice (GDP) for pharmaceutical and medicinal products and the rules and regulations that affect DNATA
- Off-loading/loading cargo from/onto vehicles
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Supply chain warehouse operative level 2
- The apprenticeship programme design will be built around the standard and individual apprentice and employer needs.
This will consist of:
- A fully embedded induction programme delivered by DNATA.
- An initial assessment of your skills, knowledge and behaviours in order to develop and enhance your career and personal progression.
- In line with the functional skills requirements set by the standard, (where applicable), we will analyse and continuously develop English and mathematics.
- On the job training delivered by DNATA.
Allocation of an apprenticeship delivery coach who will carry out:
- Regular training
- Assessment and support visits to ensure you acquire new learning, knowledge skills and behaviours in order to progress and develop
- Identify, track and support 20% off the job training activities
- Quarterly formal progress review meetings; identifying learning achievements and next steps
- Individual learning plan - this will be used as part of a professional discussion during your reflective progress review meeting and track the 20% off the job training progress
- A journey of learning activities over the length of the apprenticeship programme.
Access to on-line learning and an e-portfolio where you will be able to gather evidence to demonstrate your performance ensuring your apprenticeship – this evidence can be used to towards your end point assessment.
End point assessment – this takes place at the end of the apprenticeship to ensure you have developed the skills, knowledge and behaviours needed for the job role. This may consist of at least 3-4 of the below activities:
- Professional discussion
- Portfolio of evidence, apprentice showcase
- Research project
- Multi-choice knowledge test
- Work based project
- Competency based interview
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Full-time permanent position
- Completing this apprenticeship programme with its transferable skills will enable progression into Supervisory and and Management roles
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Supply chain warehouse operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.