Apprentice Tool Maker and Machine Operator G.A.P.S. SERVICES LTD
• Learn and understand about different thread types and their respective geometries. • Learn how to operate manual Matrix grinding machines for the purposes of thread grinding. • Learn how to operate CNC grinding machines for the purposes of thread grinding. • Learn how to measure and inspect tools using a variety of inspection devices.
Closing date: 25 Dec 2022
Following a successful probationary period, overtime may be offered at the following premium rates of pay: o 1.33 x hourly wage for weekday evenings o 1.5 x hourly wage for Saturday working. o 2 x hourly wage for Sunday working.
Total hours per week: 39
Possible start date
02 Jan 2023
20 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- At GAPS Services you will be involved in the highly skilled, complex and specialist detailed work of manufacturing engineering tooling dies used to put threads onto fasteners.
- This requires the application of a broad range of activities including;
- The interpretation of engineering drawings and technical instructions.
- The use of manual milling machines.
- Lathes, surface grinders and CNC machines.
- The use of measuring and inspection equipment.
Technicians must comply with applicable legislation and organisational safety requirements and be expected to work both individually and as part of a manufacturing team, working with minimum supervision, taking responsibility for the quality and accuracy of the work they undertake. They will be proactive in finding solutions to problems. They will be expected to test and adjust the systems they have built or maintained ensuring tooling, jigs, fixtures and assemblies meet the required specification. This requires the application of a broad range of skills, knowledge and occupational behaviours across a range of engineering disciplines.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Engineering Technician Level 3 – Toolmaker
- Day release to NWSLC
- Level 2 Functional Skills Maths and English (if needed)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Full-time employment is available to successful apprentices.
Annual Salary reviews.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
G.A.P.S. SERVICES LTD
NORTH WARWICKSHIRE AND SOUTH LEICESTERSHIRE COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.