IT Support Apprentice (Castleford Academy Trust ) CASTLEFORD ACADEMY TRUST
To work under the supervision of experienced staff to gain job specific skills whilst studying towards becoming a qualified IT Technician. You will be expected to complete the apprenticeship for IT Technicians.
Closing date: 19 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
02 Jan 2023
20 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be responsible for the upkeep and good order of the computer equipment, development of staff knowledge and skill using ICT resources and identifying and remedying software, hardware and network faults. In conjunction with the Crofton ICT team, you will also advise on ICT Health & Safety in the academies and monitor its practice.
You will be responsible for the maintaining information contained on the school website, ensuring this information is relevant and up to date.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role will consist of:
- Undertake duties as directed in accordance with school practices and procedures, ensuring you uphold and promote the vision and values of the school
- To work from the main office taking IT related calls
- Logging calls onto database, and prioritising those that are urgent where necessary
- Offer ‘quick fix’ guidance if appropriate to fix problem if unresolved relay problem to IT manager to delegate work within the team
- Liaising with IT team
- Intranet development
- Monitor pupils and staff usage on network, e.g. websites being visited etc.
- Support departments in the production of online resources
- Support members of the IT team with tasks
- Other appropriate technician duties under supervision and as requested by the IT Systems Development Lead
As part of your wider duties and responsibilities you are required to promote and actively support the School’s responsibilities towards safeguarding. Safeguarding is about keeping people safe and protecting people from harm, neglect, abuse and injury. It is about creating safe places, being vigilant and doing something about any concerns you might have. It isn’t just about the very old and the very young, it is about everyone who may be vulnerable.
Be committed to undertaking the Advanced Apprenticeship Course for the full term and actively participate in the training provided by both the Academy and our training provider.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards
- Support the information systems needs for your business
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
CASTLEFORD ACADEMY TRUST
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.