Service Desk Apprentice (Trafford Council) Trafford Metropolitan Borough Council
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a Service Desk Apprentice with Trafford Council a Metropolitan borough based in Manchester.
Closing date: 12 Dec 2022
£9,066.85 to £17,907.50
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).Minimum Wage Rates
Total hours per week: 36.25
Possible start date
19 Dec 2022
20 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Work effectively on the service desk systems, ensuring that all support requests are logged accurately on the relevant ticketing system in a timely manner
- Work in a supported learning environment to develop the skills and knowledge that will assist the post-holder to complete the level 3 Information Communications Technician apprenticeship, undertaking a range of IT and general administration duties to contribute to the achievement of team objectives
- Participate in a development programme on-site and off-site in order to meet the learning objectives of the apprenticeship/training programme in a timely and professional manner. Completing your learning plan on time, which may include passing exams, submitting workbooks and providing evidence of your development
- Work closely with your apprenticeship learning provider and develop positive relationships with a wide range of colleagues and key stakeholders
- Support the service desk to resolve IT related issues both over the phone, via the IT hub system and during face-to-face bookings
- Updating incidents and managing them through our system, within the SLA (service level agreement)
- Perform initial triage on requests aiming to resolve without the need for escalation
- Deliver effective technical support across all desktop platforms, accurately diagnosing basis computer hardware and software faults
- Use effective questioning and communication techniques to gather relevant information to resolve the request in line with relevant policies and processes
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards
- Support the information systems needs for your business
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
About the employer
Trafford Metropolitan Borough Council
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.