Apprentice DevOps Engineer (Trafford Council) Trafford Metropolitan Borough Council
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for a DevOps Apprentice with Trafford Council, a Metropolitan Borough based in Manchester.
Closing date: 04 Jan 2023
Year 1 - £18,887 Year 2 - £19,264
Total hours per week: 36.25
Possible start date
16 Jan 2023
20 Oct 2022
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Work as part of a team to help maintain and enhance our existing solutions, architecting, and developing new customer solutions, and providing technical support to our users
- Work in a supported learning environment to develop the skills and knowledge that will assist the post-holder to complete Level 4 DevOps apprenticeship
- Undertaking a range of IT and development opportunities to contribute to the achievement of team/service objectives
- Participate in a development programme on-site and off-site in order to meet the learning objectives of the apprenticeship/training programme in a timely and professional manner
- Completing your learning plan on time, which may include passing exams, submitting workbooks and providing evidence of your development
- Work closely with your apprenticeship learning provider and develop positive relationships with a wide range of colleagues and key stakeholders
- Assist the Council’s understanding of the global cyber threat landscape, identify risks and produce appropriate mitigation insight
- Help identify and select the most appropriate technical solution, taking into consideration coding best practice and appropriate quality standards
- Writing and maintaining scripts in a virtualisation environment
- Contributing to the DevOps pipelines; Plan, code, build, test, release, deploy, operate, monitor
- Contribute to building the DevOps engineering capability, culture and mind-sets within the organisation
- Support the set-up of DevOps methodologies and tools within platform and feature teams and demonstrate technical implementation
- Support the development and establishment of appropriate DevOps
- Assist the council to assess and interpret intelligence data
- Support the validation of intelligence about potential threats
- Assist in the creation and delivery of reports and management information to all stakeholders
- Learning how to deliver information in formal reports or as presentations and desk-level briefings to internal and external clients
- Assist in the creation and maintaining of threat actor profiles - geographic, sector and methodologies
- Support with predictions about future threat actor activities based on what is already known
- Provide an outstanding level of customer service with clear and regular communications to all stakeholders on progress and updates
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 DevOps Engineer, with training in how to:
- Write scripts and coding to meet your business’ needs
- Develop and deploy software and cloud infrastructure
- Build and operate a Continuous Integration (CI) capability
- Implement and improve release automation and orchestration
- Use security tools and techniques for software development
- Evolve and define IT architecture
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Trafford Metropolitan Borough Council
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Level 4 (Higher national Certificate)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.