Teaching Assistant Apprenticeship Mayflower Community Academy and Nursery
Mayflower Community Academy and Nursery is a vibrant, friendly, widely diverse, and inclusive school. We are looking for tow enthusiastic, motivated, and committed Teaching Assistant apprentices to join our team. They will have a passion for supporting young children’s learning. This vacancy is being managed by Plymouth Argyle Community Trust.
Closing date: 01 Mar 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 33.5
Possible start date
18 Mar 2023
24 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
You will play a major role in formulating the aims and objectives of the school and establishing the policies through which they are to be achieved. You will carry out all the professional duties of a Teaching Assistant as required, take responsibility for child protection issues as appropriate and take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the school. You will need to be committed and driven to want the very best from every child and be outstanding member of our school community.
- Attend to the pupils’ personal needs, and implement related personal programmes including social, health, physical, hygiene, first aid and welfare matters
- Supervise and support pupils ensuring their safety and access to learning
- Establish good relationships with pupils, acting as a role model and being aware of and responding appropriately to individual needs
- Promote the inclusion and acceptance of all pupils
- Encourage pupils to interact with others and engage in activities
- Encourage pupils to act independently as appropriate
- Prepare classroom as directed for lessons and clear afterwards and assist with the display of children’s work
- Be aware of pupil problems/progress/achievements and report to the teacher as agreed
- Undertake pupil record keeping as requested
- Support the teacher in managing pupil behaviour, reporting difficulties as appropriate
- Gather/report information from/to parents/carers as directed
- Provide clerical/admin support e.g., photocopying, typing, filing, Collecting money etc.
- Support and educate children on all elements of the school curriculum
- Be aware of and comply with policies and procedures relating to child protection, health, safety and security, confidentiality, and data protection, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Be aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop
- Contribute to the overall ethos/work/aims of the school
- Appreciate and support the role of other professionals
- Attend relevant meetings as required
- Participate in training and other learning activities and performance development as required
- Assist with the supervision of pupils out of lesson times including before and after school and at lunchtimes
- Accompany teaching staff and pupils on visits, trips and out of school activities as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
On our 15-18-month Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard, you will work towards the following:
- Behaviours, Skills, and Knowledge
- Functional Skills in maths and English at level 2 (if not already exempt through prior qualifications)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- You will have regular visits at the workplace from a designated assessor to observe your progress and competence in the role you are carrying out
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
To become a fully qualified Teaching Assistant with the prospect of further developing their career within education to either an HLTA or a Teacher route.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Math (Grade 4-9 (A*-C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
PLYMOUTH ARGYLE FOOTBALL IN THE COMMUNITY TRUST
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.