A fantastic opportunity to support with the repairs and maintenance of the entire school site. This is a varied role and duties include security, heating maintenance, lighting, cleaning and porterage. You will learn and develop skills relating to a wide range of trades making this an amazing all round apprenticeship programme.
Closing date: 24 Feb 2023
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37
Possible start date
27 Feb 2023
19 Oct 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Working within Health and Safety
- Maintain the site effectively during periods of inclement weather
- Responsibility for aspects of school security
- Be available out of contracted hours in emergencies
- General porterage duties
- Undertake daily agreed cleaning duties and emergency duties/activities
- Ensure that cleaning equipment is properly maintained
- Ensure adequate supplies of domestic consumables
- Carry out rubbish removal
- Keep drains, downspouts, waste pipes etc, clean and clear
- Undertake gardening duties
- Regular maintenance of the 3G Pitch.
- Operate the heating and lighting systems
- Minor repairs to furniture and fixtures and minor decorating tasks
- Act as main Fire warden
- Work to strict deadlines within well-known routines.
- Deal with problems, unexpected situations and emergencies
- Works within prescribed legislation, eg. Health and Safety.
- Ordering procedures followed
- Makes decisions of a routine nature eg, work priorities.
- Be aware of, and comply with, policies and procedures relating to child protection, health and safety, security and confidentiality, reporting all concerns to an appropriate person
- Advise of faults to the buildings, fixtures and fittings which require specialist attention
- Keyholder and responsible for ensuring that the site is secure
- Personal presence required to ensure unauthorised person(s) are not allowed on site
- Working hours are as determined by the Operations Manager
- Cover for absences and holidays as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Property Maintenance Operative Level 2 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Ixion Holdings will provide the Apprenticeship Standard
- Ixion Holdings will complete functional skills where necessary
- Ixion Holdings will ensure Health & Safety, British Values and Equality & Diversity is embedded throughout the course
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Permanent role as a Site Technician
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4 or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
IXION HOLDINGS (CONTRACTS) LIMITED
Property maintenance operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.