Property Maintenance Operative Apprentice THE GOOD SHEPHERD TRUST
Good Shepherd Trust, are seeking to appoint an ambitious, highly effective Apprentice Caretaker to join our Ashley C of E Primary School in Walton-on-Thames. This scheme includes training in your Level 2 Property Maintenance Operative qualification.
Closing date: 10 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 25.0
Possible start date
15 Dec 2022
24 Oct 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The chosen candidate will be working alongside our current Caretaker, with full training and supervised by the school caretaker you will:
- Maintain the security of the premises by opening and closing gates, repairing doors, latches and fences, to maintain a safe environment.
- Undertake daily and periodic cleaning of designated areas as directed to cover for any absence of the cleaner i.e. dusting, vacuuming, cleaning toilets, emptying bins, etc., to ensure a tidy environment is maintained
- Ensure outside areas are kept free from litter, sweeping leaves, emptying bins, etc. to maintain a clean and tidy environment. Gritting pathways in the winter
- Be responsible for chair and table arrangements for all school functions
- Maintain adequate supplies of cleaning materials and supplies (light bulbs, batteries, salt, etc.), to meet the school’s needs
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Standard Property Maintenance Operative apprenticeship
- Level 1 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completing your apprenticeship, there may be the opportunity of full-time employment.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
About the employer
M I T SKILLS LIMITED
Property maintenance operative
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.