We are looking for an enthusiastic apprentice to join our team in January 2023 specializing in Health, Safety and Environment at Darlington. During your apprenticeship with us, you will learn how a major global organization operates, gaining the tools and exposure you will need to become an expert in the industry.
Closing date: today
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
04 Jan 2023
20 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Identify opportunities to improve HSE performance through targeted projects and objectives & targets.
- Provide support to develop HSE related documentation and ensuring that such documentation is maintained using the document control process.
- There will be a requirement to assist in the procurement of items to assist with HSE systems (e.g. signage etc).
- Interpretation of HSE data.
- Input of HSE inspections to the relevant systems.
- Attendance at the relevant HSE meetings and support of changes through the environmental aspect & impacts / risk assessment / ergonomic process.
- Work relating to the environmental permit, consent to discharge, waste recycling, packaging, energy and water use improvements.
- Involvement and support of internal and external audits.
- There will be a requirement to maintain training documents e.g. HSE matrix and tool box talks etc.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Safety Health and Environment Technician standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There are opportunities for progression within the role for the right candidate upon successful completion of the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English and maths (Grade 5 GCSEs 5-9 (A*-B)) Essential
A Level or equivalent 3 A Levels (Grade 3 A Levels A-C) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team
Safety, health and environment technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.