Outdoor Activities Instructor Apprenticeship COBNOR ACTIVITIES CENTRE TRUST
This course is designed to start your career as an Outdoor Activity Instructor and support your progression within the industry. Over the course of the year you will be trained in the different activities we deliver, including water-based and land-based activities, and you will have the opportunity to gain National governing body awards.
Closing date: 05 Dec 2022
Use of boats and equipment to support experience
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
16 Jan 2023
19 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Supporting and leading both water and land-based activities
- Maintaining activity equipment
- Supporting the reviewing of activity risk assessment
- Providing front of house customer service
- Developing session and personal learning plans
- Setting and packing away activity session
- Checking equipment following the Trust policies
- Training and qualifying to gain National governing body certificates
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Outdoor Activity Instructor Apprenticeship
- First Aid
- DBS and Update service
- Food hygiene
- Archery GB instructor
- BC personal performance award
- Foundation Safety and Rescue
- BC Paddlesport Instructor
- On-site Climbing Wall Instructor
- On-site low ropes Instructor
- RYA Safe and Fun
- RYA power boat
- RYA safety Boat
- RYA level 1 -2 Dinghy and Keel boat sailing
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The new skills and qualifications gained during your apprenticeship will kick start your career within the Outdoors industry which could take you worldwide should you wish.
Individual candidates will also have the opportunity to apply for a second year at the centre for more senior role on the activities team.
Furthermore, your achievement will and can enable you to progress in a wider field of employment to include Multi-Activity Leader, Environmental Education Tutor, Activity Instructor, Ranger, and National Park Guide or even supporting progression into formal teaching positions.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C or 4) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
Outdoor activity instructor
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.