The Hog’s Head Inn, Alnwick is looking to recruit an apprentice chef. We would love to meet you for a coffee and chat to tell you about our apprenticeship opportunity, see who you would work with and have look around our Inn. There is no previous experience required for this role.
Closing date: 23 Dec 2022
(30hrs x £6.50)
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
09 Jan 2023
17 Oct 2022
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Responsibilities and duties you will learn include:
- Monitoring the kitchen work area, at all times, with all staff, to ensure clear, clean and hygienic.
- Reviewing fresh produce to carry our preparation for cooking.
- Use various utensils and kitchen equipment used in cooking.
- Checking the equipment is fit for purpose.
- Understanding the Health & Safety aspect of working in a commercial kitchen.
- Supporting Head Chef in meals cooked to order.
- Carrying out presentation on plate/dish and portion control.
- Looking at menu creation and available produce.
- Following instructions for timings and cooking.
- Checking of fridge temperatures and cooking temperatures.
- Working with diverse range of produce, how to prepare and cook.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Apprentices are supported by a mentor from The Inn Collection group in the workplace, will have an Assessor who supports them throughout the training programme and who visits them in the workplace as well as a lecturer at college to learn the theory and additional practical skills Ashington Campus.
This qualification is the Commis Chef Standard Level 2 Apprenticeship and will also incorporate you working towards English and maths at Grades 9-4 if you do not have these qualifications already.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
When you have completed the apprenticeship, we will offer full time employment and more training, if you would like to learn more and progress within our Company.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 9-2 or A*-E or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
CITY OF SUNDERLAND COLLEGE
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.