Cummins Engine Plant is looking to recruit 5 enthusiastic apprentices to join our team specialising in Engineering at Darlington Engine Plant within the Technical Operations group. This role is a four-year apprenticeship designed to give the individual exposure to a range of Engineering functions across the Darlington site.
Closing date: 15 Jan 2023
Total hours per week: 37.5
Possible start date
03 Sep 2023
17 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
The Engineering functions that you will rotate across the 4 years include:
- Application Engineering
- Pilot Centre
- Value Package Introduction Build (VPI)
- Product Engineering
- Test Operations
- Cummins Emissions Solutions (CES)
- Health, Safety and the Environment (HSE)
During each rotation, the successful applicant will be given a skills matrix to complete during their time in each department consisting of day to day tasks, training and support for other engineers working in the area.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Engineering Technician Apprenticership Standard:
- Level 2 Foundation units
- Level 3 Advanced Manufacturing Engineering
- The successful applicants will attend college full-time in the 1st year and will attend 1 day per week in years 2, 3 and 4 with the remainder of the working week based on site
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- There are opportunities for progression for the right candidate upon successful completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English and Science (Grade 5 GCSEs 9-5 (A*-B)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 5 GCSEs 9-5 (A*-B)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.