We are a day service for adults with learning disabilities and/or autism. You will be responsible for providing high quality support to those who attend, enabling them to learn and grow within a safe and friendly environment. With access to a wealth of knowledge from our experienced team. We are a unique service and no two days will ever be the same!
Closing date: 30 Nov 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 32.5
Possible start date
03 Jan 2023
17 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Working in our café - supporting Service users as part of their work experience, teaching them transferable life skills
- Taking groups of between 3 and 5 Service users and planning purposeful sessions and projects to do with them. From craft to sports to IT!
- Providing 1:1 support to meet the care and support needs of the individual
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Lead Adult Care Worker
- Care Certificate
- Food hygiene
- First aid
- You will have one day a week for study. This will be onsite at college or here at Sweet Surprise. You will be supported and encouraged throughout your entire apprenticeship
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Healthcare assistant
- Support worker
- Senior support worker
- Lead care worker
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C or 9-4) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
Lead adult care worker
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.