Autotech Robotics, experts in the field of robots and robotic manufacturing systems, are looking for a Level 3 Service Engineer Apprentice to join their team and start a long term career in this exciting and varied role.
Closing date: 09 Dec 2022
16-17 = £5.31 p/h 18-20 = £6.83 p/h 21-22 = £9.50 p/h 23+ = £9.75 p/h
Total hours per week: 40
Possible start date
12 Dec 2022
17 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Assist with the assembly and site installation of new projects
- Fault finding for existing systems both remotely and on site
- Perform on site maintenance for exisiting equipment
- Interpretation of mechanical layouts, electrical schematics and assembly requirements for electrical - mechanical automated systems and related process equipment
- Wiring and panel build of discrete control systems
- Fault finding of electro-mechanical systems, PLC's, sensors, motors and other electro-mechanical parts
- Maintenance of existing equipment to carried out on site
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will undertake and achieve the Level 3 Engineering Technician Standard, delivered by City College Plymouth. You will attend City College Plymouth 1 day per week and have assessor visits at the workplace to show your competence and help you complete your End Point Assessment, which is the series of exams you will take to complete the apprenticeship.
You will study the pathway of Mechatronics Maintenance Technician, please visit the below website, following pathway 10 for further information on this route:
This apprenticeship has a duration of 42 months, plus time for the End Point Assessment, which can take a further 3 months.
You will work towards a Level 2 and 3 Diploma, plus a Level 3 BTEC as part of this apprenticeship.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The ideal candidate will successfully complete their apprenticeship and take on a permanent position afterwards. This position would include opportunities for continued career development.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade C/4) Essential
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Product Design/Technology related subject (Grade pass) Desired
Things to consider
About the employer
CITY COLLEGE PLYMOUTH
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.