IT Technician Apprentice (DCP Total Solutions) DCP TOTAL SOLUTIONS LIMITED
Estio Training have an exciting new opportunity for an IT Technician Apprentice with DCP Total Solutions, an IT Company based in Dewsbury.
Closing date: 01 May 2023
Days and shifts to be confirmed.
Total hours per week: 40.0
Possible start date
08 May 2023
15 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Serving as the first point of contact for IT support within the organisation
- Installing, configuring and maintaining software and hardware components of computer and network systems
- Diagnosing and troubleshooting software and hardware issues.
- Repairing and replacing damaged computer and network components
- Ensuring the security of client and server computers by installing and upgrading antivirus and firewall software, alongside vital update patching of devices
- Supporting people whenever they encounter challenges with computers and network devices
- Maintaining and updating technical documentation regularly
- Testing new hardware and software before full-scale installation
- Installation and maintenance of client Office 365 services
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we’ve purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 3 Information Communications Technician, with training in how to:
- Efficiently operate and control your ICT infrastructure – physical or virtual hardware, software, network services and data storage.
- Use infrastructure management tools to automate the provisioning, testing, deployment and monitoring of infrastructure components
- Prioritise systems support tasks and monitor and maintaining system performance
- Maintain regulatory, legal and professional standards
- Support the information systems needs for your business
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
DCP TOTAL SOLUTIONS LIMITED
BRIDGE INDUSTRIAL ESTATE
MILL STREET EAST
ESTIO TRAINING LIMITED
Information communications technician
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.