Business Administration Apprenticeship Vaux Fletcher Solicitors
Vaux Fletcher are a new Partnership of experienced local solicitors, Richard Vaux and Victoria Moremon. We have a team of 3 paralegals and 1 solicitor working in residential conveyancing and a team of 1 solicitor and 1 trainee solicitor working in residential and commercial property.
Closing date: 21 Dec 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.0
Possible start date
28 Dec 2022
14 Oct 2022
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Answering the telephone and placing calls with Solicitors, Fee Earners and other members of staff
- Taking, relaying and returning messages
- Checking individuals diaries for daily appointments in readiness to meet and greet clients to escort to the waiting room and informing of their arrival
- Assisting with the daily receipt of post and facsimiles and filing by reference to the case management system
New Case Duties:
- Processing the receipt of new instructions
- Entering new clients and cases onto the case management system
- Generating initial client care letters, T&C’s, accompanying documentation and client information forms
- Conducting conflict checks
- Receiving client ID documents, completing ID forms, scanning onto the case management system and filing
- Receipt of completed client information forms and inputting of new data onto the case management system
Closed Case Duties:
- Liaising with the Accounts Department to ensure there is a nil balance on client and office ledgers
- Checking the file for duplications that can be destroyed, returning original and new documents to client. Identifying deeds to archive separately
- Generating a closing letter
- Completing the file closure form, scanning key documents and saving on case management system, setting a file destruction date, archiving and logging relevant dates and filing location on the case management system
- Shredding files that have reached their allotted destruction date.
General Ongoing Duties:
- At all times maintain client confidentiality and adhering to GDPR rules and Solicitors
- Regulation Authority principles
- Typing, filing, scanning, photocopying as required on active matters
- Assisting with ordering of supplies and services
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard:
- On an off the job training
- Day release at a college or training centre
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Depending on the circumstances of the business upon completion of the apprenticeship programme there could be a potential position of employment available.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Vaux Fletcher Solicitors
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.